Wednesday, September 23, 2015

Entrance Slip: Grant and Zeichner

1. Though it was written in a different time, the words of Grant and Zeichner are a good indication of what a new teacher can face going into a school. The definition of a reflective teacher is similar to that of relational understanding, to me. This shows that, even though Grant and Zeichner's article is old, it still has views that many teachers hold close to them on a daily basis, and attempt to follow through with. I did not find any of Grant and Zeichner's views to be dated or irrelevant, but I did see the article as written in a very old world perspective, which is fitting since it is an old article. Since many views in the article are still commonplace today, I don't find it to be that irrelevant.

2. The suggestions given in this article allow me to think about how I want to pursue my career as a teacher and what kind of teacher I want to become. I definitely want to become a reflective teacher, as without reflecting, you are never learning and growing, as a teacher and as a person. Moreover, the suggestions have allowed me to critically think about my views on learning and teaching and how strongly I feel about them.

No comments:

Post a Comment