Thursday, October 1, 2015

Entrance Slip: Looking back at school

Look back at your time as a student, and write about a teaching or learning experience with intense emotion (in the 1st person).

When I was younger, there was a period in time where I was completely insecure with myself and needed reassurance from anyone and everyone in my life. It was not a good period of time for me, but at that time, it was who I was and I could not change that.
In the 8th grade, however, I finally noticed one thing I was very good at, and it finally made me feel important for the first time. I noticed that I was good at math, and I had never been this good before. I now largely have my teacher to thank for this, but at the time I could only focus on the fact that I was being praised and rewarded for my own accomplishments.
I became one of the students in class who was asked more questions by peers who were struggling, and the first time it happened I almost did not know what to do. I was gleaming that I could help someone else and be of assistance. I was so happy that I could transmit what I knew to someone else and I had a strong sense of satisfaction that followed. My confidence later grew, and I was secure with myself because I had realized something - everyone has that one thing they are good at. Finding it is the challenge, and once you do find it, you gain a sense of satisfaction that is irreplaceable.
This experience helped me realized my passion for mathematics and pave my path to becoming a teacher.

No comments:

Post a Comment